hello! oops sorry for the delay..
here are some things i remembered consuming and enjoying~favorites from the second half of june (whoa it's almost already july! :O)
- blackish. shouts out to hulu+ that STILL HAS ADS lol smh. i've been meaning to watch for a long time and i don't even like sitcoms but blackish is pretty good. i mostly just love tracee ellis ross and my girl yara shahidi!
- Stop Pretending You’re Not Rich (nyt)
- Secret Origin of the iPhone (the verge)
- Welcome to Refugee High (chicago mag)
- i love louis tomlinson - for my directioners <3 (the guardian)
- rip locol (sf chronicle)
- Gentrification of Grand Central Market
- A Student On Finding "Currency" In Your Field as an Asian American (aamunite)
- Artists' Guide to Not Being Complicit with Gentrification
- a lena waithe profile!
- roxane gay
- "Can I Date a White Person and Still Be Woke?" is the wrong question
- Everyone Loves LA and That's the Problem (la times)
(lol can you tell the themes of my life right now are gentrification and education)
listening… (podcasts unless stated otherwise)
- ear hustle: cellies - made from inside the san quentin state prison
- radiolab: gondolier - about the millenia old tradition of the (male only) venetian gondolier
- the heart: no - episode 4 out of 4 on sexual assault and consent
- invisibilia: the culture inside (on implicit bias)
- revisionist history: a good walk spoiled - why golf sucks
- mogul: the life of chris lighty - audio documentary on hip hop manager/legend's life and suicide (the full series is available on spotify)
- this american life #534 - a ny school district gets taken over by hasidic jews who don't actually use the public schools but it's more complicated than that